Since you know the facility you’re planning for storing your stuff is not a one-time deal, but a place from where you would like your belongings to come back to you in the condition you left them in.
If there’s skepticism trickling down your head, visit some local self storage units and do some R&D before taking a decision for choosing the right self storage unit. By the time you pick an excellent deal, you should be confident of the following:
Access to the removal vehicle
– Check if the self-storage facility has adequate access to the removal vehicle you’ve chosen. Some storage sites lack spacing issues and don’t have space or access for large removal trucks.
Suit the goods you wish to store
– The self-storage facility should suit the goods you wish to store. In the case of storing valuable items, you must have an enclosed unit with concealing walls so that secrecy is maintained. Ensure the contract, the small print of the self-storage facility doesn’t have hidden surprises.
– The climate control in the self-storage facility has to be adequate for your needs – particularly important if you’re looking to store home furnishing items, business goods or archive documents as even a few months in a damp self-storage environment can cause untold damage.
– A housebreaker can break in anytime. So, don’t wait for ills to happen. Your self-storage facility must put in place adequate security measures. A series of CCTV cameras should be positioned towards the doors of individual segments. Besides this, the facility must have deployed a well-trained staff of security personnel to guard your valuables.
Pest control measures
– Lastly, don’t skip the terror of bugs after considering a unit for storing your precious belongings. Yes, it’s about pest control measures. A well-maintained, clean and tidy storage facility should be able to tell you what types of actions they take and how professional they are. Because for them, it should always be about valuing their customer’s inventory!